Permanent or Respite Care
Highbury House Residential Home has been run by its owners for over 27 years. Where the quality of care is as much a concern as the high standard of accommodation the home provides.
There have been many changes over the years at Highbury and a lot of thought to detail has been given to ensure all residents have the best facilities possible, including wheelchair ramps at all exits.
All rooms are ensuite with varied decor to suit every taste although residents are encouraged to bring along personal items of their choice to add that personal touch.
The atmosphere is very friendly with two conservatories, one at the front and one in the middle of the building. Both are bright and airy together with a main lounge for residents to sit, watch T. V. or read. Whatever they wish just to enjoy at their leisure.
A wide range of menus are available at Highbury. Special dietary needs are catered for. All meals are freshly prepared daily by our resident cooks in our fully fitted kitchen.
All the residents at Highbury are ensured that they receive excellent care with the help of their own GP if required or a local GP alongside the district nurses. The home does provide 24hr care with a very skilled team of staff on duty at all times.
Highbury House Residential Home is situated at the South end of Lytham Rd in a very popular position close to Highfield Rd shops, Post Office, library, parks and Churches. We also at Highbury have regular coach trips each month whatever the weather for those who wish to go along with many other activities.
Because it is an enormous decision being made when going into care either from home or hospital, there are many questions to be asked. At Highbury we have staff experienced in answering all these questions in order to make this transitional period easier and less worrying.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange to visit please don’t hesitate to contact us at Highbury.
Ring and ask for the person in charge who has many years of experience in residential care and is only too happy to help.
Highbury House Features
- 24 Hour Care
- 1 Large Lounge
- 1 Large Dining Room
- 2 Conservatory’s
- 2 Lifts to all floors
- Special Walk in Showers
- Baths with hoist
- TV in all bedrooms
- Nurse call to all rooms
- In House entertainment & activities
- Residents Public Phone
- Unrestricted visiting
- Fresh produce used for all meals
- Special diets catered for
- Registered with Lancashire County Council
- Complies with all fire regulations
- Regular visits from general practitioners
- Local Clergy
- End of Life Care
Address & Contact
580-582 Lytham Road,
We recognise the high cost of residential care and make every effort to keep our charges as low as possible.
Permanent Residents £405
Our fees are inclusive, that is to say we do not make any supplementary charges. The fee covers:
- Provide first-class 24 hour residential care, in a modern care home. Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff focus on exceeding the individual needs of our clients with a tailored care plan for each resident.
- Accommodation in a fully furnished room with en-suit facilities including the provision of all linen including face cloths .
- Rooms are all fully equipped with emergency call buttons.
- All meals, drinks, snacks, and hospitality for any visitors (including meals providing prior arrangements with the cook have been made).
- A variety of fresh fruit is readily available.
- Laundry but not dry cleaning
- Transport to appointments with doctors, local hospitals, dentists and opticians
- The high level of care and hospitality provided by the staff and participation in all the facilities and activities the home provides.
Short Term Rest-bite £58
Single ensuite room per day
Day Care £45
We are able to offer potential clients the opportunity to spend the day with us, to give themselves a little variety or to give a carer a regular break. Day care within our home is tailored to meet an individuals needs. Frequency, time of arrival & departure, meals & bath will all be taken into account, and can be arranged. Our fee is a basic charge but some variation may apply depending on how much staff input is involved.
Permanent Residents For Couples £on application
We are able to offer a couples a ‘Couples En-suit Room’ so you don’t have to be apart. The room consists of all the facilities of a single en-suit room but with 2 single beds, 2 chairs, 2 bedside tables and more storage facilities.
End of Life £405
To assist our residents, families and representatives with peace of mind we have implemented a priorities of care end of life procedure. We are able to offer clients a room with music options, specific floral decorations or an extra bed for family or friend to stay with their loved one. Be it they wish to remain with us rather than being transferred to hospital against their wishes. We are dedicated to ensure that event is handled with the utmost care and dignity. Support for the family is provided as well as encouraging them to visit as often as they wish. For more information contact us.
The state will provide a level of care for the least well off. Your local council will conduct a financial assessment to establish whether you can afford to pay. You will have to pay at least some of the costs of accommodation and personal costs in a care home.
Briefly, there are three bands of support:
- Your local authority may pay for the cost of your residential care if your capital is less than £12,750
- Your local authority will still pay for your accommodation ad personal care, but not fully. If your capital is between £12,750 and £21,000 for every £250 you have over the lower amount, they will subtract £1 per week from the money they contribute.
- You will have to pay the full costs of your accommodation and personal care if your capital is over £21,000
If your capital falls below the upper amount while you are in a care home, you will become eligible for help from the local authority. If you want a more expensive home than the authority is willing to pay for, you are allowed to arrange a ‘third party contribution’ from another source. Your home would be included in your assets only if you live alone, or you are both moving into a care home. In addition, the local authority will disregard the value of your home for 12 weeks after your admission to permanent residential care.
If you would like an informal chat about fees call Lesley on: 01253 406371
Stunning care home with great staff
My Dad is in great hands in this care home.